Music Together® Online--MTO (ages birth through kindergartend)
With Music Together Online, the teachers you know and love from Music Matters will bring music class to your living room. Like all our classes, the program is designed to teach the way young children learn: through play! Your whole family will have a blast singing, dancing, and jamming along to Maracas songs during weekly live online/interactive classes. Digital family resources, including recordings and bonus activities through our award-winning Hello Everybody app, plus a hard-copy songbook, will inspire you to make music all day.
More specifics here: Music Together Online
Mixed Age Classes (ages birth through kindergarten)
Your Spring registration includes:
Rhythm Kids Level 2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through second grade (ages 5 through 8). Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
• learn multicultural drumming patterns;
• develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments;
• explore movement and dance while singing songs;
• play games based on music and drumming;
• have fun with a host of rhythm activities. Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote. Classes are for children K–2 (ages 5 through 8) and include:
• Ten weekly, 45-minute classes
• Animal Collection Songbook and CDs (2 copies) each semester
• Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs Children will:
• Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
• Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
• Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
• Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
• Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
• Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
• Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun! This is an instrument-learning class, so your child will need a drum. Please ask your teacher about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.
Music Together®has developed a special class just for infants. The music activities and materials for this class are specially designed for parents who want to learn how to nurture music development in their babies. Through learning ways to encourage music growth in your baby, you will also gain a wider range of ways to interact to encourage general growth and brain development in your infant.
New parents get to meet other parents & caregivers and learn engaging music activities they can recreate at home with their child.
Your registration includes:
Join us for a FREE Babies Demo class, August 25th, 3pm. (Don't worry if Baby is falls asleep or needs to nurse--come anyway!). Simply Sign up using our Demo Scheduler. Demo Scheduler
More information about Generations class coming soon! For now, check out this description and video: Generations
Jingle Jams (selected dates in December): These classes are a great way to check out our program prior to our winter semester. The format will be the same as our Mixed Age classes (see below), with a mix of songs from recent collections, with some secular holiday songs thrown in. Look for the "Jingle Jams" tab on our Registration page. We will have a "tip jar" available for families to donate (all proceeds go directly toward the teacher). We hope to see you in December! Register here: Registration